Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lupe Fiasco Plans To Quit Rapping Soon?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

First Saigon revealed he was quitting rap in November, and now, Lupe Fiasco looks like he might do the same in the near future.

Much like Saigon, Lupe is growing weary of the music industry. The whole process actually. After years in the business, the rapper says two more albums -- his forthcoming The Cool and his last one, L.U.P.End -- and he's done recording music. At least, that's what he told PitchFork in a recent interview.

"I'm at a creative end," he explained. "I really don't think I have that much to say. And I don't want to get to the point where I'm putting out music just to put out music. Especially recording music.

"The interview process, the radio process, the video process, the budget process -- that sh-- wears at you, tears at you. And I've been doing the music business for like eight years. And prior to that, on the underground level trying to get to a professional level, about 10-15 years. It's a heavy process and you just get to the point where you're just like, 'I don't know.' It's just like three is enough."

But, if he, in fact, decides to hang it up, he won't just disappear. Fans will be able to see him perform live, that's if the demand is still there.

"I'll still perform as long as a venue will have me and a promoter will have me. Always. Until I'm 100 years old," Lupe said.

And in addition to performing, there might be a couple more projects after his "so-called final album." According to the rapper, there may be "a couple concept records" and, "god-willing," an album from the highly anticipated supergroup, Child Rebel Soldiers, a collaborative effort between Lupe, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.

But with CRS, it all comes down to scheduling, he admitted.

"Everyone's focused on something else at the moment," he explained to PitchFork. "[We're trying to find] two or three weeks to sit down and hammer it out. We're all kindred spirits; let's get together and unify that and see what happens."

The Cool is due in stores December 18.

CREDIT: SWAGGNEWS.com

No comments: